Where to buy Traci Robison's books

Buy The Taking at:

Buy Tangled at:

Buy Gates the Hours Keep at:




September 4, 2010

Listen Up . . . Sources for Free Audiobooks

So much to read, so little time!  A former co-worker of mine could stroll all over campus and beyond, reading as she went.  I know my limitations.  If I try to walk around with my nose in a book, someone's going to wind up hurt.  I've decided to take advantage of some of the free audiobooks available on the web so I can fit some more lit into each day.   

Founded in 2005 by Hugh McGuire, a Montreal-based writer and web developer, Librivox offers audio files of books in the public domain that are read and recorded by volunteers.  In partnership with Librivox, Project Gutenburg, a source of free e-books, provides most of the texts, and the Internet Archive hosts the audio files.  I've downloaded a few podcasts from Librivox and have been happy with the quality of the recordings. 

Free audio books from Librophile.com and BooksShouldBeFree.com filled the number 23 slot on Kiplinger's list of fabulous freebies 2010.  Just this morning I've downloaded podcasts from each (Northanger Abbey and the Scarlet Pimpernel).  Can't wait to have a listen!

1 comment:

James said...

Sounds like something I should take a look at for my long commute to work. Nothing says 'hoo ha!' better that the word 'free.'