Where to buy Traci Robison's books

Buy The Taking at:

Buy Tangled at:

Buy Gates the Hours Keep at:




February 19, 2010

Black Ships

I've recently begun reading Black Ships by Jo Graham and am loving it so far.  I'm drawn in both by her characters and the historical setting she has created.  The novel is a re-telling of the Aeneid through the point of view of Gull, a girl who is born into slavery after the fall of Troy and becomes an oracle.  Interweaving a sense of magic with the pragmatism of decision making, Gull's development as a prophetess reveals her ordinary nature as well as her potential for greatness.  I can't wait to see what lies ahead! 

I always enjoy learning how other writers come up with their ideas and wondered about Graham's inspiration for Black Ships.  Here's her response to a reader.

1 comment:

James said...

Thanks for the heads up on 'Black Ships.' I love reading historical fiction and this seems right up my alley.