Where to buy Traci Robison's books

Buy The Taking at:

Buy Tangled at:

Buy Gates the Hours Keep at:




January 24, 2011

Joshua Bell

Yesterday I attended a performance by Joshua Bell.  My last-minute tickets landed me in the second row, where I could see his shifting expressions--the almost grimacing tightness around eyes melting as the cadence mellowed.  I could hear his breath flow into the music.  Sometimes I'd realize I wasn't seeing him at all but I'd gone off somewhere, following the music into dreamed-up worlds.  Sometimes I'd wonder what he experienced as he played.  I supposed he was wholly in the moment--in the music--just as I lose myself in writing on those days when the writing flows.

 Though it's very different from yesterday's performance, I like this take on "Eleanor Rigby".  Have a listen and jot down the images that come to mind.

No comments: